Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Food Around Town: Carmel Cafe

Today was a slow news day when it comes to real estate and I was thinking about what other things I like that I could share with my readers and they would enjoy reading.  Then the obvious hit me: Food!  I could write reviews for local eateries and food events.  That fits in the realm of real estate and the Tampa Bay community right?  Of course it does.  So without further ado I give you my review of Carmel Cafe on Dale Mabry Hwy in Carrollwood.

Went here on a Tuesday night with the girlfriend after a couple Urban Spoon rolls.  Pro-Tip: park in the rear of the building, parking can be a bit hectic in the front even on a Tuesday.  

After we were seated the waitress gave us an overview on the iPad ordering system.  She explained that the meals come out quick so order each course separately.  We went with Nana's Goat Cheese to start, was pretty good, but as I have never had goat cheese before I have nothing to compare it to.  True to our waitresses comments, it came out really quick. 

 For the main course I ordered the mod med chicken, and my gf ordered the steak frites.  We were both pleased with our choices they were both well flavored, and filling without feeling overly heavy!  Through my gf's protests I ordered the chocolate lava cake and cannoli for desert which was a nice top off for the dinner.  

At the end of the meal we were able to pay our bill through the iPad and have the receipt emailed to me.  Overall the place has a nice atmosphere, not overly noisy, the food was reasonably priced and well flavored and the wait staff was very attentive.   The ease of ordering and paying was a nice touch that I'm surprised hasn't been adopted by other restaurants.

Over all I rate the experience with 4/5 stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment